Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Youth Turkey Hunting

We left for the farm on Thursday and had a great trip down.  We stopped and ate at Texas Roadhouse where the kids love to eat, so do Tom and I.  I had my typical filet and the boys had their steaks.  On Friday we set out to set up the turkey blinds and it was a beautiful day, little windy but sunny.  We worked hard and the boys practiced their shooting.  After we left the farm, it started to pour, it rained all night.  When we woke up in the morning it wasn't raining so we set out for the Turkey Blinds.  We put out our decoys and we were ready to go.  It started out great, I was in a blind with Andrew and we heard a turkey near by at 6:15 a.m.  Not bad considering we just got setteled by 6:00a.m.  We sat and waited, but nothing, Andrew tried a couple of calls but nothing worked.  Around 8:00 a.m. it was POURING RAIN, THUNDER, and starting to get really cold.  Tom ended up taking his blind down and coming to get us.  We then started back to barn, no longer did we return to the barn, the sun started to shine.  Bummer.  Tom and Andrew went for a walk about to see if they could get any turkeys to respond to them.  Nothing.  So another year that I go Turkey hunting and I don't even see any!  All in all, I think I am a great hunter, I'm very quiet and I pay attention.  The boys will end up sleeping while I watch for turkeys.

Here I am, I wear all of Toms old clothes.
They are quite large on me.
you can see the rain coming thru the windows
right after we took the pictures, the rain started
coming in from the roof also.
A lot of effort for 0 results.
I guess thats why its called hunting!

We left Saturday night, because Easter was the next day.

No comments: