Friday, August 19, 2011

Fly my son, spread your wings...

Weird...that is how it feels to drop off your child at College.  I didn't cry, Tom got choked up...it is weird to know that he is gone....gone to start a new chapter in his life.

The morning started like this:

for the life of me I can't figure out why he sleeps here, he has a nice big bed, but he loves to sleep on the couch...


NO, don't take my picture 

loading up the submo... 

last pictures 




unlocking his room for the first time 

looking at the room, wow is it small

we are renting this "loft" system for the bed,
that way the 2 boys have more room on the ground
but, man is it tight to the ceiling  



after putting the futon together 

out in front of his dorm,
he is on the 11th floor
facing the back 

last goodbyes of the day... 

awwwww
I almost lost it here... 

nother one Tywer, nother kiss Tywer
(Ava Grace talking to her biggest bro)


Lord, I pray that you watch over Tyler, protect him, keep him grounded in you.  Lord, please place Tyler with the right group of friends and keep him from straying.  I pray that he will continue to be a man of God, worthy of the fight.  Amen.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my, the pictures with Ava are a killer! I immediately teared! What an accomplishment sending your big boy off to his next chapter. Congrats!

Barb said...

Wow . . . first child in college . . . can't imagine what that's going to feel like! Does he know his roommate? How far away is the campus from you? I love the prayer at the bottom . . . the same that's in my heart every time my older ones are out with their friends . . .

LUV2SHOP_KC said...

I got a little teary eyed reading this one.

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Yup, I teared up at the end too. Man! That must be hard. :-/

Jeanette said...

Great pics! So, so sweet! I'm not looking forward to the "letting go" part of parenting. Must be so difficult :(

Julie said...

Yup, that was a teary one. How is Ava doing with her biggest brother gone?

Jen said...

Oh man. This is bringing tears to my eyes. I think I will lose it (just a little) when my Tyler has to go to school.

Hope he's having a great time and you're hanging in there.