Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years

I have to say that my friend Kelly makes New Years Eve so amazing.  We have been having a tradition for a number of years now that include Fondue.  I only have fondue on New Years Eve and I have to say it is so much fun.  Kelly decorates her house and has an amazing table set up with a great meal.  There are several of us who help out in some way.  We have an enormous amount of Beef, Chicken and Shrimp to cook, along with veggies and a wide array of dipping sauces.  We have salad and cheesy potatoes to go along with it and it really is amazing.  While the adults are eating fondue, the kids are playing, and playing.  This year we had 12 kids ranging in ages from 6 to 17, and they all play so well together.  When we are done with the fondue, we clean up and have the kids come and eat Chocolate Fondue.  For this we spare no expense.  We have the best recipe and the best items to dip in it, Strawberries, marshmallows, pound cake, cheese cake, rice krispy treats, banannas, and more I can't remember.  The kiddos love this and when they are done getting their fill, we send them away again and we eat our fill of the chocolate goodies.

We rang in the New Year with Sparkling Cider and poppers that spray confetti when you pull the tab.  The kiddos love to pull the poppers and get it all over.  It was a great night.  Even better at the end of the evening or should I say at the beginning of the morning, Kelly has all the kiddos sleep over and we get to go home with out them.  Wow what GREAT friends they are.

I think back to last year when adopting was just something we were talking and thinking about.  I had done all the research on agencies, and we had done a lot of praying to see where God would lead us.  This year, I have a picture of my little girl and I can't wait to go meet her.   A relative asked me if I was getting my hopes up and what happens if it dosen't work out, well my answer is YES my hopes are up, and YES she is growing in my heart more and more everyday.  If God decides to close this door, it will be devistating, but I know He would open a window somewhere else.  We really feel God is calling us to be her parents and Yes it scares us, but what would life be with out God to comfort us.  We truly feel blessed to be a part of her life already.

In Russia, their Chrismas is Jan 6, so everything seems to shut down in the government, so we will not be hearing anything until after the holidays there.  Our agency seems to think we will get a call and be expected to travel in late January.  Oh I can't wait.

Stay tuned, and hopefully with the New Year we will get a call soon.

Have a God Filled New Year and Stay In His Presence.

No comments: