Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa at Bass Pro, First Snowman

I went to the mall the other day to have Ava "see" Santa.  I wasn't sure if it was going to be busy, but I had other things to do so we got there early.  There was no line, so I went in, right away I saw these signs that said "no cameras or cellphone cameras beyond this point".  I was like really?  When the boys were younger, you could take them to see Santa and take your own pictures if you wanted!  Ava walked right up to Santa and shook his hand, looked at him but wasn't afraid.  Santa picked her up and she sat on his lap, it was really cute.  Mrs. Claus asked if I wanted a picture, and I said how much?  I was blown away, that the price of the picture was $20.  Well call me cheap, because I laughed at her and said NO WaY!  Ava took her candy and we left.  I was disapointed that I couldn't take a picture of her with Santa.  Well later that day, I told my hubby and he said, Bass Pro has Santa and I believe he is free.  I called over to them, and sure enough, HE IS FREE!  Well we went the next day, and low and behold, it is absolutely wonderful.  They take a picture and give it to you for free, and you can take your own.  The one they took is wonderful! (I haven't scaned it yet tho)  The ones i took, ahh not so great.  Ava was wanting her candy by the time I took a picture, but all in all a Great experience!






It snowed a little Monday, so Ava Grace and Trevor went out in it.  First of all I have to tell you, that I bought Avas snow outfit last year, before I even saw her, or her size.  I was just guessing what size she would be this year.  Well I guessed a little wrong.  Her snow suit is a 2T and she is only wearing an 18 month size.  So suffice it to say, it is big on her.  She looks like a walking marshmallow in it. 

They stayed mostly on the driveway, and I was able to get her on a sled and she loved going fast down the driveway. Trevor also taught her how to do a snow angel.




Last night Tyer and Ava went out when it was snowing again and they built an Ava Grace size snowman...



Then Ava thought she wanted to see how it tasted....



Later she justed wanted Frosty as her friend...


the boys are having so much fun with a little sister!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So sweet! Can't wait for Sofia to come home and have these experiences! Ava is so outgoing! I have a feeling Sofia won't go anywhere near a Santa Claus! Then again, a lot can change in a year:)