Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coloumbus Day Weekend

So how did you spend your nice long weekend? Mine was a flurry of driving, soccer, hunting and shopping.

On Saturday I was driving for 7 hours, wow when I finally added it all up I couldn't believe it. Trevor had a soccer tourny and he was only going to make it to one game because he wanted to leave and go to the youth hunt. Tom left earlier in the day to take Andrew. I thought we could make it but we got back home to realize that we wouldn't make it to the farm in time for Trevor to make it in the woods before dark. So back to the soccer game we went which by the way was over an hour away. We won both of those games, but we did miss the games on Sunday and his team ended up losing in the Semi Finals. So after the game I took, Kelly, Sara, Marilyn, Trevor and Samson and Lexi down to the lakehouse and we ended up getting there about 11:00 p.m., I was exhausted. While I was at the Soccer games, Tom, David, Tyler, Austin, Jacob and Nathan all went on the youth Deer Hunting and didn't get anything.

Sunday all the ladies went Shopping on the Spoon River Drive, it was VERY, VERY, VERY COLD! I would have to say we bought some things, but overall a very disapointing shopping experience. I think the cold had something to do with that. While the ladies shopped the boys hunted, and this time 3 of them got a deer. Way to go, Austin, Jacob and Nathan. Andrew shot a nice deer and it fell in its tracks, Tom thought it was dead, but it ended up getting up and running into some really heavy brush, and the guys couldn't find it. Bummer!

Last week I went and had the last few items from the homestudy apistilled at the Sec. of States office downtown, and sent them directly to the adoption agency office. We are still in the waiting mode right now. We wait until the Russian MOE gives us a referral.

No comments: