Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hot Weekend of Soccer then Lake

Andrew had a soccer tournament in Rockford this weekend.  Andrew, Ava and I went on Saturday and we came prepared with a huge umbrella and lots of fruit and drinks.  Andrew played well and Ava did great while she was watching.







This adorable shirt, I bought from here, please check out the blog to help raise awareness of the orphans.  Ava wore this shirt and I can't tell you how many people stopped to read the shirt and then some would ask me about it.  It was great being able to tell about the need for those to adopt all of those orphans.  We just bought this shirt and it came in on Friday, so Saturday was the first time for Ava to wear the shirt.  I am soooo excited to inform others of where our beautiful daughter came from.

After the hot weekend at soccer we went to the lake and met up with everyone else.  We had a great time, it was relaxing and fun.  The summer is almost over and I wanted to hang on to that feeling just a little longer.

The whole gang finally together for our picture


4 of the silly kids trying to sink the bouy.
It was actually hillarious watching them.

3 comments:

Leah and Tony Beasley said...

I am new to your blog for the first time!! You have a beatiful family!! I had a question, how did you adopt your cute little baby from Russia. We just adopted 3 special needs babies from the Ukraine in Jan. We were told that you could not adopt healthy children from Russia. Is that true, because your baby looks healthy right? Please let me know because I would love to adopt again.

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Sally, WOW!
Little Ava is getting white blonde hair! Sooo precious....live the shirt too!
Leah, we also adopted a perfectly healthy child from Russia. She is 3. Who told you this? It is true that the Russians get first pick (so the most healthy), but there are sooo many orphans and not many Russians adopt.

Jeanette said...

Love the shirt! What size did you get Ava? Grace is starting to wear 24 months already and I'm afraid the 2T won't fit her. Do they run big or small?

Ava is such a doll :)