Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

I remember exactly where I was on that day. I was getting ready for a clothing re-sale and I was very very busy. As you all know I am not the most orgainzed so when it comes to labeling and pricing it takes me a long time.

Well I was working away in my basement and I got a phone call from Kelly, she told me a plane just hit a building in New York, oh o.k. was my response. I continued working without the T.V. on or the radio, Kelly calls me a little later and told me I had to see this on T.V.. Well the rest of my day, I sat there on the couch unable to move with my jaw dropped open and feeling a sense of loss. I didn't know anybody in the buildings, but my heart went out to them just the same. We are blessed to live in this country and to have the rights that we have, but it is not free, our servicemen and women fight everyday so that we can be safe, I think of all the firefighters and police who sacrificed their lives for the good of others. They are true heros and deserving of honor. Lets remember all who fight for our country today and pray for them and their families.

No comments: